Unity of Fredericksburg believes in the power of prayer. We are reimagining our Prayer Chaplain Program and are excited to be diving deep with the practice of prayer. Check back soon for more updates as we announce classes and trainings.
Prayer is the foundation of our spiritual life.
When our program is fully operational:
- Prayer Chaplains will be available each Sunday to pray with us and hold the sacred space as we go through this journey called life.
- Members of our spiritual community will receive a call each month from their Prayer Chaplain to pray with them about challenges, celebrations or whatever they desire. Prayer is a foundational aspect of our faith tradition.
- Unity Prayer Chaplains also will be available for one-on-one prayer with our congregants after the Sunday morning service.
Our Prayer Chaplains will be volunteers who receive extensive training in affirmative prayer and holding a sacred space.
All prayers are kept in strict confidence. This is the essence of what it means to be a prayer chaplain. Through their training, prayer chaplains:
- Deepen their own spirituality and connection with God
- Experience personal and spiritual transformation
- Learn how to stand in prayerful support of our spiritual family
Are you being called to serve in this way? If so, please contact us.